Local Activities for Families
Hastings and the surrounding Westernport area has plenty to keep children of all ages entertained or day. For some excellent family experiences you cant go past:
- exploring the Ashcombe maze and Lavender Gardens, www.ashcombemaze.com.au
- feeding farm animals at Rain, Hale and Shine farmyard, www.rhsfarm.com.au
- meeting Australian wildlife at the Moonlight Sanctuary :www.pearcedale-conservation-park.com.au
- picking fresh strawberry’s at Sunny Ridge strawberry farm www.sunnyridge.com.au
Gardens of the Mornington Peninsula
The Mornington Peninsula and the Western port area are home to some spectacular and award winning gardens. From huge hedge mazes, native gardens, formal gardens to heritage gardens, they all grow beautifully in this area.
For the keen gardener to the nature lover, you can’t go past the following
- 363 hectares of bushland gardens at the Australian Garden a the Royal Botanic Gardens Cranbourne : www.rbg.vic.gov.au
- the famous traditional hedge maze and 25 acres of gardens at Ashcombe Maze and Lavender Gardens: www.ashcombemaze.com.au
- Enjoy the historic mansion and delightful gardens at Coolart Wetlands and Homestead : /parkweb.vic.gov.au/explore/parks/coolart-h.a
Download Gardens of the Mornington Peninsula and Surround PDF
Mornington Peninsula Wineries
The Mornington Peninsula is a renowned wine region, with its unique micro-climate resulting in some very different wine styles. Come and sample some excellent wines from over 50 cellar doors and then settle down for lunch or dinner at one of the many vineyard restaurants.
For more information : www.morningtonpeninsulawineries.com.au
Stoney point and French Island Ferry
The Inter Island Ferry service has two high speed catamarans running daily services from Stony Point to French Island, Phillip Island and Seal Rocks.
For Ferry timetables and costs please refer to their website at www.interislandferies.com.au
French Island is a relatively underdeveloped island with 70 % of its land mass declared a national park. It offers and abundance of pristine wildlife. With next to no traffic, plenty of local history and thousands of koala, French Island makes for a great day out.
Lois and Keith Airs offer informative tours of French Island. www.frenchislandtours.com.au
Philip Island offers an abundance of pristine beaches family attractions and family friendly wildlife including the world famous Penguin Parade, Koala Sanctuary and Seal Rocks. The island comes alive during October when Phillip Island hosts the Phillip Island Motor GP. Buses run between Cowes and the GP circuit. www.phillipislandcircuit.com.au
For more information on Phillip Island, the official tourist website is www.visitphillipisland.com